Wednesday, April 20, 2016

WIP: the one with a nearly-completed bag!

Bags are not my bag, baby, so this is pretty exciting. Plus, my first bag from this book of patterns!

WIPs

Fireside Bowl Bag

Saturday night, I had the pieces all cut out:

#sewmystash2016 April challenge at #saturdaynightcraftalong hosted by @barefootcrafter

I spent most of Monday fitting it all together - it's not too difficult, although I probably need to change a few things up.

Nearly done! Just waiting for the swivel hooks to arrive - I had the wrong size and the wrong type.

A little #cottonandsteel for the day off!

I'd like to do this again, but with leather as the 'contrast' fabric. Pattern is by Sew Sweetness, from her book 'Big City Bags'. And it's certainly a pretty damn big bag - very roomy inside!

Plain Jane Passcaglia

Another rosette centre is done:

The morning commute. Much easier when it's a decently long trip. #plainjanepassacaglia

I've kind of decided to go off the pattern; I'm not going to follow her structure, just going to fit my own together and finish it up. I don't think I have the staying power to complete it that way.

TO DO:

1. baby quilts for twins
2. baby quilts for sibling brothers (one was born just this morning - and mum and baby are all good - yay!)
3. Scrappy Log Cabins


1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!