Thursday, January 21, 2016

WIP Wednesday: the one with Tula Charms

Trying to keep up with everything in January is a lot of effort!

My garden is growing, my social life is humming, my work is an effort, and my writing is laboured. Plus, I'm having small and niggling health issues that are taking up a lot of time and energy.

Quilting is way down the queue right now.

On the plus side, Swarm made it to the QuiltCon offices and the dodgy points and the machine-sewn binding couldn't defeat the visual power of the design! (At least they haven't said "your points are rubbish and we're not going to hang this", so I'm guessing it's okay?

I'm so positive! :D


My big WIP this week is The Aussie Tula Charm-Along. The original charm swap was organised by Ms Midge, and involved (I think) 112 charms. Ish?

Tula Pink charm swap

And they're being sewn into HSTs:

Of course I wait until the week I'm back at work....

That's a lot of HSTs that need cutting and ruling and sewing and cutting and pressing and trimming...

So much Tula! #aussiecharmalong

Did I mention lot of HSTs?

TRIM ALL THE THINGS! #aussiecharmswap #aussiecharmalong #tulapink

But they're sewn and trimmed and sorted!

For a change, actual sewing things...  #aussiecharmswap #aussiecharmalong

And now it just requires sewing into blocks, and thenceforth into a quilt.

The problem is that it's due - finished - on the 27th, and while I could make it at a sprint, I find I don't have the time/energy to sprint. It's a hard knock life! Especially when my garden is growing so well!

Garden Jan 2016

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, as I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!