Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIP Wednesday: the one with great plans


Alas, we're back to marginal progress on the sewing front.

But there was a little forward movement!

WIPs

#hexiesdownunder

#hexiesdownunder

Another flower done! Slowly sewing!

And I've started receiving flowers, too:

Boy, the #threadbastersgroup for #hexiedownunder are fast! Thanks @patchwork_gecko @nadine62 @asprinklingofthings and, of course, @bendigolioness! I fear I will be much slower at getting mine out!

Aussie Handmade Birthday Swap #ahbcparty3

Finally started making my backlist of gifts!

Starting with the 1-Hour Basket by kelbysews.

Really simple, very effective, and I must try it in patterned linens next!

#hexiesdownunder

And there's a bit of an extra 'surprise' in there. I couldn't give it alone as a gift, but with something else that's finished, I think it's okay.

I have notes for making the next three gifts, although at least one of them has no notes for her entry whatsoever, just her name. I shall have to go back and double-check the mail from a year ago.

Other things

no movement
1. summer dress
2. Soroptimists' quilt
3. #plainjanepassacaglia

plans

I have this weekend entirely free. There will be a great deal of sewing.

1. finish the next gift for #ahbcparty3
2. finish sewing together the Soroptimist's Quilt
3. finish the summer dress
4. start another summer dress

I also want to start working on outfit for the Superheroes Ball at DragonCon - like the Marvel Avengers dresses that Her Universe are putting out, only for my favourite character:

maria-attack40038

Maria Hill, as played by Cobie Smulders. Whom extremely few people notice, or could even name from the movies.

The dress spec (as described by me):
Agent of SHIELD dress: halterneck, close-fitting bodice with waistband and flared skirt to be worn with petticoats. Black/dark-grey silk with gunmetal/silver overdress/lace edging, and embroidered/beaded/appliqued SHIELD logo to either be on skirt or else as a back cutout (underarm zipper), with HYDRA-themed underskirt.
I have four weeks to do this.

Never let it be said that I'm not ambitious.

Linking up to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday.

What have you done this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have done nothing this week, so you're one step ahead of me! I love your baskets, they look so nice filled with fat quarters! Is it the one hour basket pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!