Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday: the one with lots of pieces


WIPs

Birthday Blocks

Sewing, sewing, sewing...

Birthday blocks

Swarm

Sewing, sewing, sewing...

Swarm pieces

Salt Air Twist Square

Sewing, sewing...

Evening sewing. That Juki is FAST!!!

Sewn!

Quilting early Feb

And labelled, too!

Quilting early Feb

It's on its way to the quilters, and being gifted to a couple of friends who, along with their 1 year old son, are having a combined birthday party in early March. Excellent timing!

Done

While finding a backing for Darling Violetta, my sister (B1) spotted the quilt top and decided she liked it. She picked out Heather Ross unicorns to back it:

Quilting early Feb

It's off to the quilter's today, along with Salt Air Twist Square.

To Do This Week
- supernova friendship blocks
- baby carry bag for Baby Shower on weekend
- more birthday blocks
- backing for French Farmhouse - yellow bees
- backing for USA Hurray - pieced

--

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! Heather Ross unicorns are dreamy for sure! And I really love that blue with the purples of the front. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unicorns are going to work really well with the "Radiant Orchid" of the top! Which is funny because I had another backing in mind, B1 announced she didn't like it. Which then required a hunt through the entirety of my backings stash to find something she did...

      Delete
  2. Love the finished effect of your Twist Square quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look quite amazing! I was doubtful halfway through the blocks, but the finished top is really good!

      Delete
  3. The Salt Air Twist Square Quilt is beautiful. Lucky friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I spotted a quilt on Pinterest and promptly set about trying to work out how it was done. Easy in the end!

      Delete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!