Monday, February 24, 2014

Is it a block? Is it a quilt? No! It's SUPER-TOTE!

supertote

This is my bag, baby!

*does the opening scene dance from Austin Powers*



Because whatever I think of the rest of the series, I really adore that opening sequence. :D

So, my 'baby bag' for Simone is late (her son is just coming up to a month old), but it's been so difficult to persuade myself to actually get moving on this - partly because of unfamiliarity with the pattern, partly because I had a gajillion and one other things to finish off!

But it's done!

supertote by noodlehead

The pattern is Super-Tote by noodlehead, although I made some modifications.

supertote by noodlehead

No front pocket for starters. Mostly because it would have been a shame to cover up the beautiful Echino fabric pattern on the front, but also because I didn't want to complicate things too much to start with.

supertote by noodlehead

I also skipped the inside elasticised pocket, opting for two pockets - one larger, one smaller. I'm not sure how useful they'll be, but they were certainly easier to put together!

supertote by noodlehead

It's really quite a neat bag, all up! I just hope its useful.

supertote by noodlehead

The 'baby change cones' I'm making, on the other hand, will be useful, since her son has already peed on the curtains during a change!

The pattern is from Little Birdie Secrets, and while the blogger laughed at the name, I can't quite bring myself to call them "Pee-pee Teepees" - the phrase 'pee-pee' just seems so...twee.

I'm putting half a dozen of those in with the bag - along with some nice chocolate. I'd send her a bottle of a wine we both like, but, yeah, breastfeeding. Fortunately, there's no law against nice chocolate while you're breastfeeding! (If they ever declare chocolate off-limits during breastfeeding, there will definitely be a revolt.)

And that's another finish for this week!

Now, for my next trick...my quilt show quilt for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!