Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What I Did On My Weekend

Or, I'm Trying Not To Only Post On Wednesdays (It's going to be a bit tricky, I think.)

So, baby quilt for the daughter of friends. Born back in October, I wanted something simple and pretty and decently sized so she can crawl around on it until she's old enough to want a blankie/quilt and then she can carry it where she goes.

Two charm packs of Lily & Will did the trick for a disappearing nine-patch.

Lily & Will disappearing nine patch

It went together pretty fast - I started sewing the blocks together on Thursday night.

Friday:

Lily & Will blocks
Lily & Will layout
Lily & Will sewn  top

Backed:

Lily & Will Backing

And all sandwiched together, ready for quilting!

Lily & Willsandwich

Slight problem: the feed dogs on my sewing machine aren't dropping down, so I can't do the stipple I originally intended to do...

Oh well. We got this far!

IMAG2235

Maybe try to do the rest on the weekend at the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild sew-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!