Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Terrain Quilt Challenge

With Spring in the air, Penny Poppleton and I decided we'd do a quilt challenge - create a quilt with a fabric line, to specifications, by a deadline.

The fabric line is Kate Spain's Terrain with up to two solids allowed, the specifications are at least 60" square, and the deadline is the 1st weekend in December for completion. (We're trying to get the tops done by the end of September.)

Terrain

So, I've decided on a fairly simple chevron pattern as depicted in this quilt made by Hyacinth Quilt Designs.

The fabrics have been selected and I started the cutting on the weekend while away at a writer's retreat.

Cut terrain

Finished cutting the strips on Sunday when I got home.

Terrain strips

Sliced up a bunch of Kona White (and will probably have to slice more).

White strips

Tonight I'll be doing some sewing to the strips sewn together, ready for some strip-piecing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!