Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crazy May!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

With my gran's funeral last Wednesday, I didn't really have time to put together a WIP Wednesday. But I did get one project done the week before!

fin!

Baby Quilt Top #2

For the niece of a friend:

Baby quilt #2

I think I like the layout of this one better than the other - more structured, but still all holding together. I think that next time I do one of these, I need to pull more colours from my stash, because four fabrics weren't enough to do what I really wanted to do with this.

And the two tops (the other one is for the friend's nephew):

Baby quilts

One of this weekend's goals is to baste and quilt them on Saturday (while catching up with Castle S4) - just straight line quilting - I'm not sure I'm up to FMQ on my mere Brother NS50 yet!

WIPs

The WIPs this week include long-term 'waiting to be bound' quilts...

1. Mum's Impstar

2. Disappearing Harvest

3. Go Back To The Mountain, Turn The Quilt Around!

...although there are also The Usual Suspects...
4. New York Beauty Blocks

5. Books and Blocks Bee: April and May blocks

6. Birthday Blocks

And a new contender for Things Which Need To Be Made For Swaps
7. Mug Rug Swap for Elsa!
I have decided that May is going to be the Month Of Moving Projects Off The Board. Then June will be the Month Of Doing.

So this weekend (Saturday) will be set aside getting the Mug Rugs, Bee Blocks, and Birthday Blocks done, with possibly a dash of NYB for good measure. Oh, and Mum's Impstar, because it's Mother's Day and therefore a good time to give her the gift! :)

Waiting In The Wings:

1. PLAY - don't know if I'll get this done before the due date (17th May), but I'm going to try and it's going to come from stash.

2. Sanae - Mommy and babies - I need to order some Kona Buttercup to do this

3. Heirloom quilt - have a design in mind, I should do some cutting this weekend

4. Terrain - still working out a design for this.

But that’s all in the “where do I find the time for this” column right now!

In the meantime, check out what other people are doing over at Freshly Pieced's linky party!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading your list. "usual suspects," etc. Should I start watching Castle??

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!