It doesn't feel like I've been very busy this week. On the other hand, I've finished a lot of projects.
Maybe it's because I've found my writing inspiration again and have gone back to spending a lot of time writing, while just putting in the effort to finish off those last few lingering projects? Could be.
I have to get these babies into the mail for the recipient. It needs to reach the US before Halloween. Here's hoping!
Did I mention the hilarious and awesome tutorial on how to make Quilted Pillow Covers? Yes? Well, I'll mention it again!
I never realised cushion piping could be so easy to make! *rubs hands together in glee*
Modern Rail Fence
I haven't really got a better name for this. But I love how easy it was to put together, and how the design just works. It'd be an awesome pattern as an even smaller block than it is!
Postage Stamp Quilt: "The Penny Batik"
After nine months, it's finally done!
I'm thinking of selling the Modern Rail Fence, and the Penny Batik - but I've never sold quilts before and I have no idea how much is 'reasonable' - or whether people would actually buy them. I know other quilters sell their stuff, but their stuff is, well, fantastic! And, you know, not made by me. :)
So my finished quilt pile for 2011!
This is way more productive than I've ever been in my quilting history!
And now for the WIPs:
Kaleidoscope QAL: Santorini Sky And Sea
You've seen the top:
Now see the back!
The purple is very purple. I'm not sure I like it.
Now the question is whether or not to hand-quilt it. If not, it'll have I was planning to follow the circles and waves of the pattern...but I hadn't thought very had about it.
Procrastination, procrastination, procrastination!
And a cottage block:
- Have fabrics for Dead Simple QAL; haven't done anything with them yet.
- Mum's Impstar (although I received the correct materials in the mail - hurray!)
- Supernova binding.
- Harvest blocks. They're cut. They're marked. They just have to get sewn together...only I don't think I like the fabric anymore...
- am considering making a pattern/QAL for the Central Park Boxes pattern
- a Hunter's Star quilt with Moda's Kansas Winter fabric set (I have a layercake, jelly roll, and charm square pack.)
- a small throw for a craft swap. Or maybe cushions?