Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WIP Wednesday: the one where I get back on the horse



So, my finger has finally healed up to the point where touch it to something doesn’t produce bizarre tingly feelings, so I’ve started doing a little bit of sewing again. Some packing (not half enough) and some sorting.

WIP

This is supposed to be coming together as a shopping tote.

Yes, even with the Kaffe Fassett Pickle Dish blocks.

Don't know if these are going to work for the originally intended purpose...

Except that the colour isn't working. (It's not just the filter, I promise!)

You know when you have this really good mental idea of what something is going to look like, and halfway through you think it’s horrible and awful and WHY DID I DO THAT OH NOES, and then it turns out really really good?

I don't think this is like that. I just can't find this fabric's mojo.

Nothing in this collection works quite the way I want it to...

Which is a pity, because I rather like the collection, it's just not working for me.

--

There’s not much more in progress than that. Most of my sewing stuff is packed away, so I can’t just browse fabric and decide to work on something. And I'm in a bit of a lump right now, struggling with all the stuff that needs to happen right now.

Although one bright spot is receiving the Massdrop bundle of Heather Ross’ ‘Far Far Away’!

Oooooh! #heatherross #farfaraway #massdrop arrives!

Far Far Away is a lovely, lovely collection and it will most likely go in the ‘Imaginary Creatures’ quilt which is going to be made up of the Mendocino Mermaids, Gnomes, Unicorns, and aliens from HR’s other collections.

And I need to buy some unicorns yardage for backings. Because.

What have you been up to this week?

4 comments:

  1. both those groups of fabric are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of being not-so-excited about a wip, but I am drawn to what you're doing here and the fabrics are great! Also, I had never been to your blog before--that snowflake is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I find the most perfect fabric ... that ... I just can't find anything to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling so well- it's not fun :-( I hope you find your fabrics' mojo soon...

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!