Wednesday, October 15, 2014

No Actual WIPs were worked on this week...

So it's not really a WIP Wednesday post...

Basically, I'm supposed to be packing up my quilting space for the move on Saturday.

Projects to be packed up this morning. But I might squeeze a bit of cutting in there...

I was just going to do a bit of sorting and cutting of scraps, before putting my 'current projects' away.

...
...
...

Yeah. I know.

Next thing I know, I've found a bunch of 5" x 5" charm squares from a Bella Solids pack and I'm sewing.

Licorice Allsorts

It just turned into a quilt in the space of a couple of hours!

Licorice Allsorts

I'm calling it "Licorice Allsorts" although it's informal name is going to be "A Quilt Top Called Procrastination" (after the Tennessee Williams play, obvs).

Not a very complicated quilt, or a terribly precise one. (Not that you can see - I haven't ironed it: all the seams are finger-pressed at best!) But it's probably going to end up covering our floors in the new house - or possibly not since I spread it out for a photoshoot and Smokey promptly rolled on it, leaving a little furry patch on it that's pretty visible. Visible fur = bad floorquilt. We'll see after it's quilted - time to practise some FMQ, I feel!

Speaking of floors - the ones in the house are polished!

Floors!

That's just the first coat. It looks pretty good, though! I'm about to head over to the house to check out the final product.

It's the final stretch - move on Saturday, unpacking Sunday and next week... It'll be nice to be stable again, not in the middle of everything, but hard to get used to living somewhere else after so long where we've been.

There will probably be no WIP Wednesday next week either, unless I end up doing some sewing on the way in to the city tomorrow night.


1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!