Monday, August 25, 2014

To Do list for September

With house things just about to start, I need to work out what really needs to be done and what's just make-work.

My sewing space needs to be packed up first, largely because we'll have to dismantle it to get everything else in the rest of the living space out. So this week is packing, packing, packing. Helpfully, my mother has let me know that I can store some destash fabric over at her house for a while, until I work out how to get rid of it. There's quite a lot of destash fabric, still - largely because I'm realising there's all this stuff that I will never use in my regular projects.

I'm presently looking into whether there's an organisation in Australia like Siblings Together, for which I can make quilt tops (since I don't want to do the entire quilt). Anyone know of one?

So my aim in September is to pack up my sewing room, finish the projects that are due during September, and any WIPs where there is time/space to get them done.

To Be Completed
1. See You In September bloghop project.
2. Make Modern Magazine mystery quilt
3. Build Me Up Buttercup (borders)
4. USA Hurray (borders)
5. All Around The World (borders)
6. King Of Bling (#redletteraustralia borders)

To Be Left Out For Doing Slowly
1. Millefiori Madness

Everything else can be packed up and go into storage for doing later. It has to; I don't have the time to manage it all. As it is, I should probably decide which sections of Millefiori Madness I'll be doing and just cut and bag those sections (along with a diagram of what's needed for that section) so it's all a whole lot neater.

Having to organise all the things I have is going to be a big headache: I have everything from 'bag notions' to 'dressmaking notions' to 'planned projects' to general stash. And it needs to be sorted before the move because I won't have space to do it afterwards!

*sigh* So tired.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sel,
    I don't know of charities in Australia that take quilt tops though I am sure there are plenty who would. I also don't know where you are based but if you are interested in getting rid of some of your stash to people who sew for charity (especially the stash you were given) I would be happy to turn it into dolls. My mum, sister and I make dolls to send to orphanages and poor and disadvantaged children around the world. We have sent dolls to Fiji, The Philippines, Thailand, South Africa, Kenya and several other places in the last couple of years. As you can imagine we are always on the look out for affordable or free fabric supplies for this project. Please don't feel obliged, I know the value of a good fabric stash but if you have things you would be happy to give or sell for an affordable price I would love to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!