Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Meetups and Mermaids!

Much sewing was done at the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild meet-up on Saturday!

SMQG and Penny Poppleton's son

That's the President's son in his carrier. Such a cutie!

And the result was that I finished putting the block centres together! Many Mermaids!

Mendocino Windows at Sydney Modern Quilt Guild

Mendocino Windows


The grey thing in the middle of the second pic is a few more strips of the fabric framing the Mendocino range (Cotton Coutere for Michael Miller: colour "Fog"), and I need to cut them up, iron them flat, and put them in a bag for safekeeping.

And now, to see them laid out (without the window framing or the block framing):

Mendocino Windows

My design board just isn't big enough for the quilts I make! This is going to be a HUGE quilt - the original design (Kitchen Windows by Elizabeth Hartman, from her book The Practical Guide To Patchwork) was only a 3x4 layout. I calculated for at least 25 blocks in a 5x5 configuration, but ended up with enough pieces for 29 blocks.

I might do one more and make it 5x6 - at 16" square, plus a 2" border, I think we're looking at ~ 90"x100" sized quilt. Queen-sized, which I like because it will cover my bed quite nicely.

This one is being kept! No giving away! :D

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt. The layout is wonderful and the fabrics. I don't blame you for keeping it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!