Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me in the non-quilting area, which is why I've been so quiet here. It's easier to quilt when I have:
  1. spare time
  2. a job that isn't taking up all my brain and whatever spare time I have
  3. story plots that don't require me writing them
  4. a deadaline

Since I do not have any of these things, I'm not doing a lot of quilting right now.

WIPs

I have the tops for two baby quilts:

One all sewn together with Make Life by Sweetwater:
Baby quilt:

One all laid out formed of Snap Pop by Sandy Gervaise:
Baby quilt, pop

One probably-a-boy, one unknown - one due at the end of the month, the other due at the start of next. So I might just wrap them up and do a 'pick a parcel, here's your card' mixer when I gift them!

future

I am planning to join in with the Scrap Attack {String Fever} over at Stitched In Color. Note the word 'planning'.

But I have design ideas - see?
String scrap attack

And no shortage of string scraps. Although I might just be boring and do selvedges, because I have far far far too many of those.

Also, the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild charity Quilt 1 has the top and most of the backing, and I have the batting. Now I just need to book at time at the longarm.

Oops. Better go do that now!

So what have you been doing this week?

6 comments:

  1. The baby quilt tops look lovely, looking forward to seeing them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get those baby quilts finished! Of course, time permitting. I have a baby to make quilt due in July, plus a queen sized quilt to dye cloth for and make by then too. Reading your post just stressed me out! Like your string attack designs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The disappearing nine patch block is so fabulous for baby quilts. These are going to be really cute baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also got a disappearing 9-patch in progress made out of Sweetwater fabric. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!